DEDICATED TO THE YOUTH AND FRIENDS OF THE SALINAS SECTION NPLAD

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Ambassadors In Missions


Youth Missions

Introducing:
Mountain Movers
Conversations about World Missions
with AIM Director Carlos Flores
(aka "Missionary Starbucks")

Weclome to Mountain Movers!
I am so excited to know that we have an Ambassadors in Missions program for our District Youth Ministries Department. I am that much more excited to know who we have directing this program, Bro Carlos Flores of Bakersfield. Recently, I got to meet my long lost brother at Youth Winter Camp. Him and I share such a burden and passion for missions that I think we were actually born on the mission field together and then somehow separated at birth. We share this and many things including a love of Starbucks coffee. If Jesus tarries, him and I might open up a Starbucks on Wheels and travel to youth conventions as viejitos to sell to your grandkids (picture those catering trucks you see at construction sites). We'll drink our own blends and fraps off the profits. Hold that thought Bro Carlos, I think we have a winner here, but I digress.
I shared with Bro Carlos just a little about what an AIM trip means to me. In short, it changed my life. It came at a time when I needed God most. I was coming out of a year of major depression. It was the summer after my junior year of high school. I drew a line in the sand with God and said "this is it God, this is your last chance to prove yourself to me." I continued with my bold challenge to the omnipotent creator of the whole universe, "If you don't I'll walk away from you forever." How could I say something like this? It could only have been from the hurt and emptiness, the oblivion, I felt inside.
So there I was half-hearted about going. And then the money started coming in from all over the place. I didn't even know some of the people that felt led to sponsor me. God was beginning the filling process in me. Within short order, all the money had been provided for me to go to Puerto Rico.
Space and time doesn't allow, but God did something awesome in my life that has continued to this day. Two weeks of my summer and a minimal investment on the part of others who believed in me is all it took. Money and time well spent all resulting in returns that go far beyond words. Thank you sponsors wherever and whoever you are!
The second day our team was there, my DYDs, Denny and Debbie Seler, asked if there where any team members who were seeking the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Three of us raised our hands and went up to the front. All three of us were surrounded by our team members in three circles, one for each of us. For the next span of time known only to God, fire poured out on top of us. All three of us were immersed in the Spirit simultaneously as the floodgates of heaven opened up. Thank you Denny, Debbie and Aimers for believing and agreeing for the three of us that day!
For the next week and half, we ministered in hard places. Places that were patrolled by National Guardsman with M-16s and some in Hummers with M-60s mounted on top. We ministered in the drug-ridden neighborhoods of Bayamon and a little piece of heaven called "La Perla" near San Juan. La Perla was the kind of place that the local law enforcement dared not even enter. But there we were, ministering to the children of the drug dealers who actually welcomed us. I could go on and on about just a two week trip. I could only imagine the stories that Bro Carlos can tell as he has been on several. This is why I have asked him to share with you his thoughts on missions, answer our questions, and tell us about the upcoming missions trips to South and Central America (there's still time but I'll let Bro Carlos fill you in).
It is amazing that such a short time and little investment could make such a big difference in somebody's life. Please join me in praying for our AIM program, Bro Carlos, the AIMers, the upcoming trips, and the souls who have yet to be won. Please pray about going on a trip yourself. Please welcome with me a true Mountain Mover, Director Carlos Flores of Ambassadors In Missions of the NPLAD District Council...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home